Applications in cardiovascular and circulatory disorders:
Research has shown that Bromelain prevents or minimizes the angina pectoris and transient ischemic attack , is also useful in the treatment and prevention of thrombosis and thrombophlebitis and can break the cholesterol deposits.
Administered for a longer period also has an antihypertensive effect. The administration of 400/1000 mg per day of bromelain in 14 patients with angina pectoris has determined the disappearance of symptoms in all patients within 40/90 days. Similar results were observed in patients treated with 500/700 Mg per day.
One study, conducted on 73 patients with acute thrombophlebitis, led to the conclusion that bromelain reduces symptoms of inflammation including: pain, edema, fever and inability to move.
Applications in digestive disorders:
Bromelain has been used successfully as a digestive enzyme, after an pancreatectomy (removal of the pancreas) , and in cases of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and other intestinal disorders. There were also reported cases in which Bromelain has healed gastric ulcers.
Applications in arthritis:
Being a powerful anti-inflammatory has been used successfully to reduce inflammation in arthritic diseases.
Recommended dose for adults: 1 capsule daily, at meal, or as recommended by your health care practitioner.
Warnings and precautions
- Consult your health care practitioner for prolonged use.
- Consult your health care practitioner in case of gastrointestinal disorders.
- Consult your health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, if you have lesions or gastrointestinal ulcers, if you administer anticoagulants, anti-inflammatory, antibiotics, if you have to immediately undergo a surgery.
- Hypersensitivity may occur, such as: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. In this case, stop using the supplement.
- Do not exceed recommended dose for daily consumption.
- Dietary supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Factors Group of Nutritional Companies Inc., 1550 United Boulevard, Coquitlam, British Colombia V3K 6Y2C – Canada