What is Coenzyme Q10?
Coenzyme Q10 is the best nutrient you can use to protect your cardiovascular system. Dr. Mathias Rath, in his recent research, reveals that this coenzyme Q10 is “the key to optimal cardiovascular health,” and is also a powerful antioxidant. This wonder nutrient helps stimulate the immune system and mediates in the remission of certain types of cancer. Studies by Dr. K. Folkers, published in the journal Clinical Investigator, show that the addition of coenzyme Q10, over 300 mg a day, inhibits the progression of breast cancer, sometimes leading to a complete cure. Coenzyme Q10, used in the amount of 60-150 mg per day, increases the activity of “natural killer cells” which inhibits tumor metastasis.
Coenzyme Q10 is called the “spark of life” due to its importance in the production of energy by the human body. At the age of 50, the level of Ubiquinone in the body is already reduced by less than half compared to the age of 20.
What are the benefits of Coenzyme Q10?
- Coenzyme Q10 is an active antioxidant that protects both mitochondria and cell membranes damaged by oxidative stress;
- Improves heart function of patients with cardiovascular disease, being recommended for those suffering from: heart failure, ischemic heart disease, angina pectoris, a history of myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis, hypertension;
- Protects the antioxidant activity of vitamin C and vitamin E, strengthening the immune system by increasing the production of antibodies;
- Adequate supplementation with coenzyme Q10 may prevent atherosclerosis;
- Protects against the reduction of dopamine activity involved in the proper functioning of the brain and helps maintain neurological function;
- Significant regression of breast and prostate tumors has been observed in some scientific studies, in which high doses of Coenzyme Q10 were administered;
- It is useful for reducing the side effects of chemotherapy;
- Maintains cholesterol within normal limits, is beneficial for diabetics, improves cellular energy production and prevents periodontal disease.