NADH (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) is known as the coenzyme-1 or CoE-1, a very important enzyme for the production of energy at cellular level (ATP). NADH is the reduced form of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) through the energy intake of hydrogen (H). NADH is necessary for thousands of biochemical reactions in the body.
NADH is a coenzyme, naturally present in all living cells, being necessary for the cell growth and for energy production at cellular level. It also participates in the production of L-dopa, which the body turns into the important neurotransmitter dopamine, an important neurotransmitter essential for normal brain function.
NADH plays a key role in energy production in cells, especially in tne brain and central nervous system, and is thus a “pill energizing”. As more cells have available NADH, thus can produce more energy and can do his/her “duty” effectively. People suffering from disorders such as chronic fatigue or simply people who need a boost in energy levels can benefit from supplementation with NADH.
NADH stimulates the production dopamine neurotransmitors, noradrenaline and serotonin, thereby improving mental clarity, the alertness status and the power of concentration. This is particularly important in the fight against the effects of aging such as senile dementia, Alzheimer, Parkinson, etc.
NADH is directly involved in the immune system’s defense cells. As we have more NADH in the body, the function works better to repair DNA.
Coenzyme Q10 acts synergistically with NADH contributing to increase the level of cellular energy (ATP) throughout the body. Coenzyme Q10 is a powerful antioxidant effect.
Numerous studies have evaluated the positive potential of NADH in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and chronic fatigue syndrome, as well as a nutritional supplement for athletes (energizing).
These studies have shown that administering NADH:
- to patients with Parkinson’s disease, induced an increase in dopamine. It also generated improvements in motor skills, walking, posture and speech as well cognitive and emotional improvement in some patients;
- to people suffering from depression, had a beneficial effect in 93% of patients. This is because NADH increases levels of dopamine and noradrenalin in the brain. It may also be assumed that, because of its participation in the production of the energy molecule ATP, it is able to restore energy to the brain.
- to Alzheimer’s patients, prevented the disease from progressing and improved cognitive and behavioral problems. An increase in brain dopamine/noradrenalin activity was also observed.
- At athletes was observed, a segnificant improvment of performance, maintaining a high level of mental alert. Athletes lose mental capacity and thus the capacity to coordinate, because of the sustained effort. NADH corrects this problem leading to superior athletic performance.
- For people with low energy level such as the elderly or people with chronic fatigue syndrome, those who administered NADH had a four times greater improvement than the placebo group. Hence the nickname: anti-fatigue vitamin.
- Chlorophyll which is a coated tablet increases its bio-absorption.