The extract of St. John’s Wort (Hypericum Perforatum) is traditionally used for its sedative effect for the therapy of nervous depression, depressed mental states because of premenstrual and menstrual periods, insomnia and irritability caused by these depressive states.
The active ingredient hypericin is responsible for the pharmacological activity. Besides classical antimicrobial actions, it has good antidepressant action as an inhibitor of monoamine oxidase.
Name of St. John’s Wort (of St. John) comes from folklore, and its linked to the fact that in order to have maximum potency, the plant must be harvested on St. John day (24 June).
This product has a 8:1 concentration to provide maximum potency of hypericin (active substance).
|Hydroethanolic extract 8:1 of the aerial parts of St. John’s Wort (Hypericum perforatum)
|Capsule: hydropropylmethylcellulose, water
|Anti-caking agent: magnesium stearate
Does not contain: gluten, soy, wheat, corn, eggs, dairy products, ferments, citrus, preserving agents, artificial flavors or dyes, starch, sugar.
Net weight e = 32,970 g.
The recommended administration (only for adults): 1 capsule 3 times a day or as directed by your health care practitioner. Use for a minimum of 1 week to see beneficial effects. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 18 weeks.
Warnings and precautions
- Avoid prolonged exposure to sunlight, ultraviolet light (UV) or UV therapy.
- Consult your health care practitioner if the symptoms persist or worsen.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding; or are taking anti-anxiety medications, seizure medications, antihistamines, bronchodilators, muscle relaxants and/or opiates.
- Do not exceed recommended dose for daily consumption.
- Dietary supplements do not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
- Do not use if you are taking anti-cancer medications, blood thinners, antidepressant medications (e.g. selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI)), anti-HIV agents, cardiovascular medications, immune suppressants, and/or contraceptive medications.
Known side effects
- Hypersensitivity, such as allergy, has been known to occur; in which case, discontinue use. Some people may experience mild gastrointestinal disturbances, nausea, restlessness and/or headaches.
NEW ROOTS HERBAL Inc. – 3405 F. X. Tessier, Vaudreuil – Dorion, Quebec, J7V5V5, CANADA