What is Vitamin D3?
Summer or winter, our need for Vitamin D is often far greater than we are getting. Researchers now know that previous recommendations for optimal levels of Vitamin D were much too low! Vitamin D not only helps strengthen bones; Vitamin D also protects against dementia, depression, diabetes, obesity, certain cancers and MS.
Prevent drug-induced vitamin D deficiency!
Do you have Vitamin D deficiency?
Medications that can lower Vitamin D levels in the body include: antacids, anti-seizure medications, bile acid sequestrants (to lower cholesterol), mineral oil, Orlistat (for weight loss), H2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors (to reduce stomach acid).
Vitamin D3 plays an important role in assimilating calcium and phosphorus as well as fixing it in the bones and teeth. This vitamin prevents the growth of rickets, hence the name antirahitism vitamin. Vitamin D3 plays a role in the metabolism of magnesium, iron and hydrocarbons, as well as maintaining an optimum balance between calcium and phosphorus.
Vitamin D3 helps in:
- Avoiding severe tooth decay.
- Prevention of osteoporosis, treatment of osteoporosis (in combination with Calcium and other synergistic substances).
- Good functioning of thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary gland.
Vitamin D3 should be synergistically associated with A and C vitamins. It should also be mentioned that the effectiveness of this vitamin is optimized by the presence of A, C vitamins and choline, as well as calcium and phosphorus. Together with A and C vitamins, it prevents colds.
Vitamin D3 is also a vitamin needed for the good functioning of the immune system.
What benefits does Vitamin D3 provide?
- Contributes to the normal absorption/utilization of calcium and phosphorus.
- Maintains normal blood calcium levels.
- Maintains the health of bones.
- Prevents and help treat osteoporosis (in combination with calcium and vitamin K2).
- It has a role in the proper functioning of the thyroid, parathyroid and pituitary gland.
- Maintains the normal function of the muscular system.
- Contributes to the normal functioning of the immune system. Contributes to the protection of cells against oxidative stress.