What is Folic Acid?
Folic acid is a member of the B-complex vitamin family and is also known as folate. Folic acid functions as a coenzyme in the synthesis of DNA and RNA and is therefore important for the division and replication of healthy cells.
- proper functioning of hematopoiesis;
- growth of maternal tissue during pregnancy, to the normal synthesis of amino acids;
- contributes to the process of cell division, the normal functioning of the immune system, the reduction of fatigue and exhaustion, the normal metabolism of homocysteine and the maintenance of mental health.
Because folate is not stored in the body in large quantities, the blood level will drop just in a few weeks after starting a diet which is poor in this vitamin.
What are the benefits of Folic Acid?
- Folic acid is an important vitamin, especially during pregnancy. Helps to form embryonic and fetal nerve cells, which are vital for further normal development of the fetus. It can help prevent birth defects of the neural tube (such as spina bifida) if taken before and during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- It is needed for energy production and the formation of red blood cells.
- Along with vitamins B12 and C, it is involved in protein metabolism, being used in the prevention and treatment of anemia.
- It also plays an important role in a healthy circulatory system by lowering homocysteine levels. The amino acid homocysteine accelerates the progression of atherosclerosis, by producing the damage of the endothelial, promoting the storage of LDL cholesterol and the growth of vascular smooth muscle.
What does Folic Acid contain?
Folic acid provides 1 mg of folate per tablet and has a higher bioavailability in galenic form than in food.
Each tablet contains:
|Vitamin B9 / folic acid
*VNR = Nutritional Reference Value according to Regulation 1169/2011
Does not contain: soy, peanuts, lactose, starch, wheat, gluten, soy, eggs, fish, shellfish, salt, hazelnuts, preservatives, artificial colors or sweeteners, sugar, salt, ferments, or GMO’s – genetically modified organisms.
Factors Group of Nutritional Companies Inc., 1550 United Boulevard, Coquitlam, British Columbia V3K 6Y2 – CANADA